SPIRE 2011 is the 18th edition of the International Symposium on String Processing and Information Retrieval. It will take place at the National Council of Research campus (“Area della Ricerca del CNR”) in Pisa, Tuscany, Italy, and will be co-organized by the Institute for the Science and Technologies of Information of the Italian National Council of Research (ISTI-CNR), Pisa, and by the Department of Computer Science of the University of Pisa.
The scope of the SPIRE series of symposia includes not only fundamental algorithms in string processing and information retrieval, but also SP and IR techniques as applied to areas such as computational biology, DNA sequencing, and Web mining. Given its interdisciplinary nature, SPIRE offers a unique opportunity for researchers from these different areas to meet and network.
Typical topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- String Processing: Dictionary algorithms, Text searching, Pattern matching, Text and sequence compression, Succinct and compressed indexing, Automata-based string processing;
- Biological Sequence Processing: Analysis of DNA and RNA sequencing data, Molecular sequence processing, Recognition of genes and regulatory elements, Comparative genomics and population genetics;
- Information Retrieval: Information retrieval models, Indexing, Ranking and filtering, Interface design for IR, Evaluation issues in IR, Text analysis, Text mining, Text classification and clustering, Information extraction, Language models and topic models for search related-tasks, Efficient implementation of IR systems, Algorithms and data structures for IR;
- Search-related tasks: Cross-lingual information retrieval, Multimedia / multi-modal information retrieval, Recommendation and collaborative filtering, Semi-structured data retrieval, Blog retrieval.
SPIRE 2011 will feature
- A full day of tutorials (October 17, 2011): if you are interested in submitting a tutorial proposal, see the tutorial submission page;
- A three-days’ technical program of invited and submitted papers (October 18-20, 2011): if you are interested in submitting a paper, see the paper submission page;
- A full day of workshops (October 21, 2011): if you are interested in submitting a workshop proposal, see the workshop submission page.
Take a look at the official SPIRE 2011 poster!